How To Write A Dating Profile? Top Tips And Examples
Going to create a profile on a dating site? Want your online dating profile to stand out? We know how to help you. Our online dating experts will tell you everything about dating profile writing here—continue reading and find out how to make your profile outstanding.
Best sites to find brides and women for dating
|JollyRomance||best website in European region||Free|
|BravoDate||best website in Slavic region||Free|
|UkraineBride4you||best website in Slavic region||Free|
How to write a dating profile for a man? Top dating profile tip
The quality of your dating app profile is basically the most important thing when it comes to online dating. Yes, it’s very important to communicate correctly, to come up with great first messages, and to make everything right. But if that special someone isn’t attracted to your online dating profile, this all makes no sense—you will simply have no opportunity to impress her if your profile has not impressed her before.
The most important thing about impressing a woman with your dating profile is having a nice profile picture. This might be obvious to some people, but not for all. That’s why you can still meet thousands of male profiles with zero profile pictures on dating platforms. Your photo is the very first thing a woman sees when scrolling the search results—so it’s extremely important to choose the right picture if you want your profile to attract ladies. This is #1 dating profile tip and later, we’ll cover this topic in more detail.
But before you learn how to stand out from the crowd on a dating site, check out these top dating platforms where you’ll find thousands of beautiful girls from other countries. They are not as demanding with the quality of your profile as American women.
Popular dating profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Why does your dating profile username matter?
Online dating profiles consist of several parts. On some dating sites, it’s only about photos and descriptions, while on the others, like on JollyRomance, you can write a dating profile headline and a username. These two might look equally important at first glance, but in reality, username is something you shouldn’t worry about at all. Why?
Because most people use names instead of a username. It can be your real name or a fake one, it doesn’t matter—today, very few dating app users write something like “lonelyguy”, “happy”, “TwoStepsAhead”, or “RaisedByWolves” (seriously).
If you still don’t want to use your real name, however, there are three tips to help you create an interesting username. Here they are:
- Be fun and make a reader smile
- Don’t try to impress the girls on a dating site with your money or, you know, certain physical characteristics. Just don’t do it in your username
- Try to make the woman reading your username curious
What are dating profile headlines and how to write them?
Your dating profile headline is a quote right below your username or name, and, unlike the previous detail, this one is extremely important. The point is, the headline of your online dating profile is the first thing a woman notices when she sees your profile in search results. That’s why it would be great to have a headline that can attract a girl. What does it mean? Here are some examples that worked for some men:
- Where we’re going, we don’t need roads. Beach or mountains?
- You’ll never believe why I moved to (insert your city)
- Looking for my Netflix & Chill
- This is me. Seriously, it worked at least once
So you see, these headlines are interesting (all of them). They are perfect when it comes to composing the first mails (1-2). They are fun (well, at least the last one), and they are direct (3). Basically, this is how you’re writing a headline—it can be fun, direct, or just interesting enough to help a woman come up with a message idea.
P.S. Almost any dating coach you meet online will tell you about CTA (call-to-action). They often say you have to use call-to-action words in your profile headline. The words like “write me a message” or “text me if…”, etc. We, the dating experts with expertise in analyzing dating profiles that work, think that you don’t need that. You are not selling anything on a dating site, so such words might look a bit too pushy and a little weird. However, calls-to-action might work great on the next step. Now, let’s move to something more important and complex, which is your online dating profile bio.
A perfect dating profile bio: Top 7 tips
Your profile bio is the description you’re writing to help a woman understand you better before she responds to your message or writes the first one to you. What you need to understand is that when a girl is checking out your profile bio, it’s not the first stage of a dating funnel. She has already clicked on your profile, so you don’t need to stand out from the crowd to attract her anymore. Now, you need to tell that girl something interesting and fun about yourself. Here are some online dating profile tips that will help you write an interesting bio on BravoDate or on any other website:
- You want to show your sense of humor in your profile description because that’s really where it starts when a woman reads your bio. If you can make it fun, it’s already 50% of success. If you prefer sarcastic humor, add a sarcastic joke to your profile, if you like outrageous humor, add that. This is not just how you attract women but how you attract an ideal partner who you’ll enjoy being around with later.
- Do not write the type of relationship you’re looking for. The point is, if you want a hookup, writing about a hookup is a huge deal-breaker—even if the girl is looking for the same type of relationship, she will still run away. If you want something serious, it’s cool, but writing about it in your bio will add a touch of neediness. That’s not what you want.
- Get yourself in a good mood. Only write a bio when you’re in a good mood since you are more likely to come up with something unique and interesting when you feel good.
- Avoid dark humor and sexual humor. This might be a huge turn-off for some ladies.
- No long lists and no long descriptions, please. A fine short bio will always work better than a long one.
- Add a question and a hook to the end of your online dating profile bio: it will help women come up with cool first mails. Remember that CTA thing? On this stage of a dating funnel, it might work well.
- Optimize your target audience (it’s a marketing thing again). If you want to find women with specific interests, put references to that interest. If you want to attract as many girls as possible, write about some common interests but don’t make them sound boring, please.
Dating profile pictures that attract women: Which photos to upload?
Pictures are everything. Dating profiles with zero pictures attract zero girls, that’s a fact and that’s how all the online dating apps work. If you wanted to use an online dating site, like TheLuckyDate, without proper profile pictures, probably that’s not the right choice.
So, you need decent profile pictures. Here are the 6 profile pictures tips that will help your dating profile stand out from the crowd in any online dating app.
- Smile! The chances of getting a response are much higher if you have at least a few photos with a nice smile. Yes, with your teeth visible. That’s not only an Oscar winning smile, it’s also a girl winning smile.
- Half-naked pictures are not the best option unless you are in the 5% of guys on the dating site who have a perfect body.
- Pics in sunglasses are ok but most girls want to see your eyes, so make sure to add some pictures without your sunglasses on too
- Selfies are ok, but it’s the same thing as with sunglasses pics. If it’s 1-2 photos, it’s ok. If it’s 100% of photos, it’s not ok.
- Pictures in your car or in front of your car are dumb, as well as pics in your bathroom or gangsta poses pics.
- Your hobby or passion, your personality, your pet, etc.—it would be great to show all these things in your pictures.
Learning from the best: top dating profile examples
Here, you’ll find some short dating profile examples. In particular, we’ve found 3 really good dating profile examples (profile descriptions) that will help you understand what profiles really work on dating sites such as UkraineBride4You, La-Date or EasternHoneys.
As you see, these online dating profile examples are from different dating apps, so not all of them have a profile headline. What all of them have in common is that their profile descriptions are 100% catchy—it’s very important, as we’ve said earlier. The first two guys from Tinder are perfect examples of the guys who followed all the dating profile tips—their dating profiles are fun (the first one) and interesting (the second one). And they have nice photos, which is important too.
The second guy has a nice photo, too, and he also tells a story about himself and his hobbies. It’s a short description which ends with a CTA, and it works perfectly—that’s one of the best dating profile examples, in our opinion.
The third guy, Phil-the-TV-host. It looks like he follows another one of our online dating profile tips. He optimizes his target audience perfectly and tells about his specific interests, which is a great option if you want to find an ideal match.
And the last one is one of the best online dating profile examples we found on… Reddit. This guy creates a story and talks about his pictures—he has photos with his little sisters, photos of him doing yoga, and photos of him in Los Angeles, so his profile bio perfectly complements his pictures. It’s a perfect example of how to write a dating profile.
Writing a perfect online dating profile: conclusion
So, how to write a dating profile? There is no universal online dating profiles standard, of course. But we did our best collecting the tips that work and analyzing dozens of online dating profiles—that’s why the tips on this page will definitely help you. Follow them, be yourself, and remember: creating a dating profile in a good mood is very important.