The Lucky Date Review 2023: Our Experience, Advices & Average Costs
|📈 Visits per month:||25.5K|
|✅ Profile verification:||Yes|
|❤️ Reply rate:||90%|
|🌍 Most used in:||US, UK, and Canada|
, an international dating site, has gained some popularity this year, which caught the attention of our team. We got curious about whether a dating platform is as good as many reviews claim, or is that just good marketing?
To find out the truth we bought our first credit pack of 2,000 credits and decided to make The Lucky Date review to see if it’s worth the money. Read on to see our experience, the current The Lucky Date cost, learn the main pros and cons, and find out if we regret registering to the dating site or not.
Best alternative sites
|best website in European region||Free|
|best website in Slavic region||Free|
|best Ukrainian website||Free|
Overview of TheLuckyDate
|User-friendly design that is web responsive, so there is no need for The Lucky Date app||No video chat services on the dating website|
|The fast registration process requires only basic information and no mobile number||Chats on The Lucky Date are paid|
|Most female members have 5+ photos and filled profiles||Advanced features are not available in free membership|
|Interactive search feature Matches and convenient filters in the search tool|
|Many free features like adding to favorites, likes, light theme, and dark theme modes, and finding matches|
The target audience of TheLuckyDate website
is suitable for:
- Casual dating with foreign girls
- Long-distance romance with young women from different countries
- Looking for a potential girlfriend for a serious relationship
Popular TheLuckyDate profiles
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
Do you want to watch?
There’s only one package of credits on:
- 2,000 credits – $2.99
dating site might not be a household name yet (it has been around only for a couple of years), but it has already gained many loyal members as it provides a chance to find love internationally.
The dating platform is most popular in the US, Canada, and the UK, as those countries have the most people interested in meeting female members from Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, Moldova, and beautiful women from other European and Asian regions.
Sign up & Creating an account on the dating site
The most important part of the registration process onis treating your profile, as that’s how other users find matches. During our dating site review, we analyzed over 100 members’ profiles and noticed similarities in the most popular online dating profiles.
Here are 3 main tips you can use to have popularity on:
- Don’t skip filling in all the fields in your profile, to provide enough information for potential matches.
- Add 3-5 high-quality photos (selfie, full-length pic, and some candid photos).
- Add questions to your profile details that can be conversation starters to help the best matches to approach you first.
These 3 easy-to-follow tips are easy to implement in your TheLuckyDate profile, but they can make a real difference.
Lucky Date app pricing
Lucky Date is surely a dating site that draws the attention of many people all over the world. But is it actually worth the money? We analyzed the cost of Lucky Date services and explored its features, and now we are ready to answer this question. We’ll start by saying that the site doesn’t require a regular membership and you can browse it without spending money. So if you are not ready to pay for a subscription, check what the dating site has to offer for free.
The Lucky Date app surprised us by offering numerous free services and features, which is unusual for international dating sites. Among the free features, we tested:
- Editing a profile
- Adjusting the personal information
- Examining the profiles of women
- Matches feature
- A variety of search options
- Using conversation starters in-chat
- Adding girls to favorites
- Liking other profiles
- Contacting the support team
The starter pack included enough useful features from the free version—they will help you find a suitable match quickly. Though, you should pay to communicate with other users.
With Lucky Date’s credit-based system, you buy credits and use them to get communication tools. First off, we decided to choose the cheapest credit package—2,000 credits for just $2.99. However, we quickly discovered that constantly running out of credits was pretty annoying and found more expensive packages:
- 4,500 credits – $19
- 15,500 credits – $59
- 30,000 credits – $99
- 80,000 credits – $179
So after buying 4,500 credits for $19 we started testing the following premium features:
- Service for messages. The quick chat option costs 200 credits per minute. Free and useful conversation starters are available. We communicated with each of the women we approached using this method.
- Sending pictures. We were able to send photos in chat (1000 credits each). It was a pretty good alternative to making video calls as you can share your looks and mood.
- Using chat stickers. Cool stickers cost 500 credits each and can make a conversation more flirtatious. However, we don’t think it’s the best use of money.
- Sending emails. Users of The Lucky Date can also use a letter service to send romantic letters to one another. The service works well, and the bonus of 1,000 credits for the first one and 3,000 credits for all subsequent ones is also nice. Emails can be longer, and you can attach photos free of charge.
- Watching profile videos. Although watching a video costs 2,500 credits, it is surprisingly less expensive than many other niche dating websites. Even so, we continued to watch videos to ensure that the woman we are speaking to is real.
There are no demands to purchase credits or make use of particular services. However, all the communication services are unavailable without credits. Additionally, the automatic top-up is an option that can help you avoid the hassle of replenishing your balance but can also lead to uncontrolled spending. We recognize that some people may find it convenient, but we are not among them.In general, we find the Lucky Date pricing quite reasonable and even more affordable than most premium dating sites, so we think this service is worth your attention.
Our experience of The Lucky Date
During ourdating site review we spent around two weeks chatting with different members, young ladies, and mid-aged people to test out its services. We approached around 50 women from our male profile and for around 46 replies, which is a great result if compared to other sites’ experience.
It’s easy to start communication on the platform, as members can visit profiles and write messages in a special chat bar. If a user was online, we usually received a reply during 2-5 min, but if not—it could be a few hours and even days.
All the messages we’ve got from other users didn’t seem generated by a bot, some people were up to flirting more than to friendly conversations, and others had serious intentions and were looking for foreign boyfriends. During our dating experience, we haven’t stumbled upon fake profiles, but as ourreview budget didn’t include money for traveling, we hadn’t arranged any IRL dates.
Lucky Date review—People’s POV
Here are some real stories of the male users of The Lucky Date, whom we interviewed to get a full picture of the online dating on the platform. Making men share their dating experience wasn’t that easy, but we managed to do that for you to see how it can be in real life:
Ukrainian hot woman
The first man told us his story of meeting his now long-distance girlfriend from Lviv, Ukraine, on. He actually met her quite randomly, swiping in Matches and decided to text a compliment for her incredibly long blond hair. They started talking and now, within 5 months, they are planning to meet in Poland next month.
By the way, this guy told us that The Lucky Date was the first international dating platform he used, and he was surprised on how easy it’s to meet women from all over the world. We also asked, why The Lucky Date? And the guy told that he just picked a popular platform on Google and checked the pricing policy before starting his romantic journey.
The next guy who was willing to share his dating experience onwas very emotional, as he joined the dating website for fun, and accidentally fell in love with a woman who is a professional bellydancer from Aksay, Kazakhstan.
He told us that Zhanerke’s profile had small clips of her dancing, and after he saw them, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. As for now, they are chatting, but he hopes that interest is mutual.
And the final dating experience that we were able to collect was from a US guy, who was looking for a casual relationship in the UK, as that’s where he travels a lot for work. When he started searching through Matches, he hadn’t much lack as most recommendations he got were from Eastern European countries, but after he used search filters, he found a few matches.
The US guy told that he had previous experience on other online dating sites, but he chosefor convenience and cost-efficiency. Now he chats with a beautiful woman from the UK who has similar interests, and he thinks that they are going to have a great time on dates when he flies over.
General tips for using the Lucky Date site
Want to make your dating experience more straightforward and fast? So our team offers some useful online dating hacks for for you:
- Write the headline. It is probably the most crucial part of your description, so try a few versions until you find one that works for you.
- Fill out the questionnaires. It is a great way to open the door to a conversation, as questionnaires help you find the very person you want.
- Determine your perfect match. Specifying what you are looking for is a way to limit your choices and find a suitable match faster.
- Use prepared icebreakers. It is easy to begin with one of the default questions created to help strangers quickly get to know one another, so why not use them?